Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Mabuhay Miles MasterCard?
- What is a World Card?
- What is the difference between Mabuhay Miles Platinum Mastercard and Mabuhay Miles World Mastercard?
- If I have an existing Allied Bank Essentials or Premium MasterCard already can I apply for a Mabuhay Miles MasterCard?
- Can the annual fee of the Mabuhay Miles MasterCard be waived on the 2nd year?
- How fast do I get the card once my application is approved?
- What if I do not have a Mabuhay Miles Number can I still apply for a Mabuhay Miles MasterCard?
- What is the requirement to avail of the Mabuhay Miles World card?
- How come the World card does not have a ready application form unlike the Mabuhay Miles Platinum Card?
- What is the maximum credit limit for the World card?
- I want to apply for a Mabuhay Miles MasterCard but I am afraid that I might lose the points I am earning from my existing cards which also has mileage points.
The Mabuhay Miles MasterCard is the latest credit card product of Allied Banking Corporation. It is a co-branded card with Philippine Airlines. There are two types of Mabuhay Miles MasterCards -- one is the Mabuhay Miles PLATINUM MasterCard and the other is the Mabuhay Miles WORLD MasterCard.
Allied Bank is among the very first card issuers to issue the WORLD CARD. This is the most prestigious card now in the Philippine market. It is more prestigious than GOLD, Platinum or Titanium.
3. What is the difference between Mabuhay Miles Platinum Mastercard and Mabuhay Miles World Mastercard?
Platinum starts with credit limits of Php50,000.00 up to Php299,999.00 while World starts at Php300,000.00 and up.
Also, some of the common features are:
- Separate peso dollar billings
- Php33 is equal to one reward point and one reward point is equal to one mile
Distinct features for the World:
- ISOS tie-up which is a round the clock medical, travel and security assistance
- Concierge service
You may refer to the application forms for both Platinum and World MasterCard for detailed descriptions of card features.
4. If I have an existing Allied Bank Essentials or Premium MasterCard already can I apply for a Mabuhay Miles MasterCard?
Yes, as long as you have at least one usage on your Allied Bank Essentials or Premium card. Also, if you keep your regular card together with the Mabuhay Miles MasterCard card, the former will be free for life while the Mabuhay Miles card's annual fee shall be waived by 50% on the second year.
Yes. The waiver shall depend on the usages of the previous year to earn full waiver of the annual fee. Likewise the mileage point/reward point may be used for the waiver of the annual fee on the 2nd year. Allied Bank will be notifying you as to the actual points which you will be needing to waive your annual fee.
The processing time is two weeks.
Yes, Allied Bank will be the one getting the Mabuhay Miles Number for you. As soon as you apply, and use your Mabuhay Miles MasterCard, it is automatic that you are earning reward/mileage points already.
Interested applicants must have a gross income of at least Php150T per month or he/she can write down his existing card number (at least one year) with a credit limit of at least Php300,000.00.
9. How come the World card does not have a ready application form unlike the Mabuhay Miles Platinum Card?
The Mabuhay Miles World MasterCard is by invitation only.
Meanwhile, the Mabuhay Miles Platinum application is similar to the regular cards. Anybody can just "take-one" of these application forms and apply. Platinum application forms are readily available in Allied Bank branches specifically in teller booths and new accounts counters.
There is no maximum credit limit for World MasterCards.
11. I want to apply for a Mabuhay Miles MasterCard but I am afraid that I might lose the points I am earning from my existing cards which also has mileage points.
The Mabuhay Miles MasterCard has the lowest point to mile conversion at Php33. Most of the other banks are offering Php45 or higher than that which is a Php7.00 difference. You may convert the existing points you have to miles already with your old bank. This way the miles are already credited with Philippine Airlines and no longer with the issuing bank. Once this is done you can start using and maximizing the Mabuhay Miles MasterCard and generate the most points on all your purchases.
For additional questions, you may email Ally Live directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 818-9-818 or for provincial branches you may dial domestic toll free 1-800-10-818-9-818.